Sunday, February 5, 2017

Outlander Quilt


Long before Starz began airing Outlander I had been a fan of the series of books by Diana Gabaldon.  I picked up my original copy at the Glasgow airport in 1993.  So, when Andover Fabrics announced an Outlander Collection, I was overjoyed.

Still have my original copy - falling apart, taped together, yellowing pages.

Andover also had free quilt patterns available for the collection, but I wasn't enamored with any of them, so I began searching for a pattern to use.  I found my pick at Fons & Pons:  Love of Quilting - "Blue Willow" by Janice Averill.  The instructions were included online.  The one major alteration I made to the pattern was that I only did 6 of the 16" blocks, making the quilt shorter than shown.


I used the following Outlander collection fabrics:
  • Backing, Inner Border and block 2 border - A-8323-B (Blue Toile)
  • Center Tile of Blocks - A-8342-R (Red Flowers)
  • Outer Border and large block edges - A-8326-B (Blue Crest)
  • Binding - A-8326-R (Red Crest)
  • Unit #1 block border - A-8324-B (Blue Textured Plaid) 
  • Large block edges - A-8326-G (Green Crest)
  • Large block background - A-8323-L (Grey Toile)


I was quite happy with the way it turned out AND this is something for ME!


















No comments:

Post a Comment